Monday, June 2, 2014

The Healing Powers of Tumeric...

I have always fantasized about being draped in the silks and gold of India, the vibrant purples, greens, and reds are so beautiful to look at.  But wait!  Have you noticed that Indian people have beautiful skin and usually don't suffer from as much breakouts as their american counterparts?  Well I have and I think this is owed to the fact that the Indian culture is very much supported on the idea of Ayurvedic Medicine which basically means alternative medicine it is an ancient Hindu tradition.  Many of the remedies I use today are derived from this age old practice.  I am a pretty practical person who likes to see results.  I am also not to fond on using man made products, and in walks the love of my life Turmeric.  This spice is comes from the turmeric root which grows from the ground.  It encapsulates the essence of India in my opinion the color is just so rich and vibrant and the smell reminds me of a far away land I just love it!  Turmeric is fairly inexpensive and can be found in the spice aisle at most supermarkets.  It is a golden orange color and has a powder like consistency.  I add this spice to my facial masks when my skin is feeling lack luster and tired, turmeric is detoxifying and has anti inflammatory properties.  So if you feel a break out coming on or are tired and stressed add a pinch to a clay mask of your choice and feel the benefits.  Turmeric also helps with hyperpigmentation on the skin.  If you have acne scars try dabbing some of it on several times a week and watch your skin tone even out!  Turmeric is also great at working inside the body, combining a teaspoon of turmeric with a warm glass of almond milk will help to balance the body's PH, help lubricate the lungs and airways, as well as promoting good digestion and cleansing the colon. So why don't you have this spice in your cabinet yet?.....Live, Learn, Love!

Check out this E book for more information about improving your skin with food :)

Skin Care with Food

No comments:

Post a Comment