Sunday, June 1, 2014

Baking Soda Beauty...

Yes you seen that little orange box in just about every supermarket.  Well can you believe that this is a beauty product that I can not live without!  Yep Baking Soda as a beauty product sounds weird right?  Baking soda can be bought for about $1 a box.  It's scientific name is Sodium Bicarbonate and was traditionally used as an antacid.  Would you believe me if I told you it works wonders on skin!  I use Baking Soda on my face about every 3 days or whenever I feel a breakout coming on.  Simply pour out about a table spoon of baking soda into the palm of your hand and add a couple drops of water and POW you have just created the ultimate facial scrub that remove oil and dirt and impurities in your skin that cause white heads and black heads!  Gently massage your skin in a circular motion with this paste for about 2 minutes your face should look white when your done and then simply rinse it off with luke warm water and pat dry with a towel.  Make sure to rinse all the baking soda away.  Your skin may be slightly red after this treatment but it will instantly look better!  For best results apply a few drops of coconut oil in the palm of your hands massage your hands together and then gently massage your face. Facial massage is extremely important in maintaining the tautness and youth of your skin so take your time when applying moisturizers.  I also use baking soda to neutralize my lactic acid peels that I do at home.  I will walk you through the steps and benefits of lactic acid peels in a later Blog.

Baking soda is also great for lightening up dark areas on the skin.  If you have problems with dark elbows and knees like I do...try adding a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to 2 tablespoons of baking soda.  Using a bath brush scrub your knees and elbows with this mixture on a consistent basis, you will notice the difference in about a month!  Last but not least I also use Baking soda by itself or combined with coconut oil to brush my teeth which I spoke about in my last post.  After not going to the dentist in about 6 years...yes I know that sounds horrible, my dentist could not believe how great my teeth looked.  He told me patients that come to him regularly do not have teeth that are in as good of shape as mine.  He even called the dental hygienist in to have a look!  I told him my secret was Baking soda!  He was not surprised...Live, Learn, Love!

Oh and for help with acne or if your looking for some home made skin solutions chick out theses E books :)





1 comment:

  1. Girl I can't wait to make my baking soda paste tonight!

    ReplyDelete